Humanities and social sciences in the digital age
The Digital Humanities team of the ISCD is a transdisciplinary research team at the interface of humanities and data sciences. We work to bridge the gap between traditional research practices in humanities and the new practices induced by the digital and data sciences, by designing and developing digital edition and research environments adapted to the practices of researchers in humanities. We develop in the same time new digital search, analysis, simulation and visualization methods based on the latest technologies and the data sciences, in order to emerge new results and new research problems. The team is working on corpora of texts, images, as well as on 2D and 3D corpora.
We also plan to develop higher education curricula in digital humanities directly linked to the research pursued by the different teams at Sorbonne University in this domain. We are particularly working on a 42-ECTS and two-year thematic transdisciplinary minor that every student may follow in addition to a Bachelor Curriculum in Humanities or in Science.
The team’s work is currently organized along three main axes:
The team is coordinated by Alexandre Guilbaud.
The steering committee is composed of:
- Jean-Gabriel GANASCIA (Professor, Sorbonne University, Faculty of Science and Engineering ; LIP6; OBVIL). Discipline: Computer sciences
- Pierre GLAUDES (Professor, Sorbonne University, Faculty of Arts and Humanities; CELLF ; OBVIL). Discipline: Literature
- Alexandre GUILBAUD (Ass. Professor, Sorbonne University, Faculty of Science and Engineering; IMJ-PRG). Disciplines: mathematics and history of mathematics
- Irène PASSERON (Research Director, CNRS, IMJ-PRG). Discipline: history of mathematics
- Glenn ROE (Professor, Sorbonne University, Faculty of Arts and Humanities; OBVIL). Disciplines: French literature, digital humanities
- Emmanuelle ROSSO (Professor, Sorbonne University, Faculty of Arts and Humanities; EA « Rome et ses Renaissances »). Disciplines: archaeology and history of arts
- Dany SANDRON (Professor, Sorbonne University, Faculty of Arts and Humanities; André Chastel Center). Disciplines: architecture and history of arts.
Major laboratories of Sorbonne University connected with the team:
- Equipe « Rome et ses Renaissances », Faculty of Arts and Humanities
- OBVIL (OBservatoire de la Vie Littéraire), Faculty of Arts and Humanities
- IMJ-PRG (Institut de mathématiques de Jussieu-Paris Rive Gauche), Faculty of Science and Engineering (UMR 7586, CNRS, Sorbonne University, Paris-Diderot University)
- LIP6 (Paris 6 Laboratory of Computer Sciences), Faculty of Science and Engineering, UMR CNRS, Sorbonne University.